The Institute of Promotional Marketing is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Data Protection laws applicable to the UK. This policy applies to the IPM site and the IPM Winners List.
What information do we collect & how?
We do not require you to provide any information to access the website content.
However, we do ask for some personal information (name, company, email address, etc) if you subscribe to receive our email newsletter. This information is not submitted over a secure connection and you should not submit the data unless you are happy to do so.
On occasion, we also offer the facility to purchase goods or services online. In this case your details are collected over a secure connection using the industry standard SSL encryption. This ensures your personal information (including credit card details) cannot be viewed by anyone else.
We do not store your credit card details on our own server; they are simply passed on to the credit card handling company using secure SSL encryption.
What do we do with the data?
We store this information for the purpose of providing you with regular email newsletters regarding industry news and events.
If you wish to be removed from the newsletter mailing list at any time in the future, simply email your request to email@example.com.
Where does your data go?
Your data is retained on our database and will not be passed on to anyone outside the organisation.
Changes to this Policy
How can I contact you regarding a Privacy Matter?
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: The Institute of Promotional Marketing, 70 Margaret Street, London W1W 8SS
- Phone us on: 020 7219 7730
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information about how the website is used. We use the following cookies on our website:
- A number of Google analytics cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports which help us to improve our website.
- A temporary session ID cookie is used to make the most efficient use of resources when you are browsing from page to page. The cookie is removed when you leave our website.
- A visitor cookie is used to monitor how long a visitor is on our site before they take an action (for example fill in one of our forms to contact us) and also to provide statistics on whether this is a visitor’s first visit to our site.
These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, we are NOT able to identify individual users from these cookies.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.